Paypal won't let me receive money - directs people to my website.

nonnobis
Contributor
Contributor

I have never linked a website to my account nor is it a business account.  Yet when someone tries to send money to me through Paypal they get the message "This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website..."  Any ideas why or how to fix?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MLGore
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
It's good that you reached out to us regarding this matter. You are absolutely right. It doesn't matter if your PayPal account is Personal or Business. Just an advice though kindly double check if the email address you used is already confirmed. The day you registered or created your PayPal account you received an email message from us on how to confirm you can refer to that. Hope this will resolve the issue for you. Stay Safe my friend.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nonnobis 

You have a US paypal account so can you confirm you are in the US as some countries can't receive paypal payments. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nonnobis
Contributor
Contributor

My email address is already confirmed.  And it is not a matter of what country settings.  What else could it be?  This should be easy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.