Paypal terms for Indian Merchants

Mukesh1_9
New Community Member

Hi,

I am a drop shipper from India - sourcing my products from China and selling in U.S.A. Can someone please inform regarding the following:

1. I get paid in USD via Paypal for the sales of my goods in the U.S. Does Paypal have to necessarily convert USD payments into INR by default before depositing my payments to my Bank in India OR can it not go through this conversion and remit only USD to my account.

2. I believe that Paypal charges a USD 4.4 + 0.3 fee as Transaction fees. Does this include conversion charge from USD to Indian Currency? What is the charge for currency conversion, whether or not included in the above fee.

3. What is the easiest way to get in touch with Paypal India. I tried calling on <removed> and the 044 number for international callers calling to India held the line for a total of 30 minutes, but no one picked up the phone.

Thanks,

Mukesh

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mukesh1_9,

Thank you for your questions! I'm happy to help.

When funds are withdrawn to a local bank, the currency of the funds would be converted to the local currency. 

The fee that you have listed is the standard rate for receiving international payments. Conversions would be an additional fee, the rate of which fluctuates with currency exchange rates.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.