Paypal reverse payment from item that been shipped 2 weeks ago

Pintokyo
Contributor
Contributor

I hope this in right section. I sold a digital code game for Xbox one on ebay. I shipped it within 3 days. Difference was code was on a card and I did not email the code, I mailed it through USPS. Paypal sent email saying the payment was good and payment was directed to my PP acct. Address was good (I looked it up on Google map also first). Buyer was not someone who had 0 stars on eBay. Nothing from buyer no feed back or complaints. Two weeks later after item was shipped. I received an email from PayPal saying they believe payment may not been authorized by account holder and there investigating it and Requested information. I did best I could. Still have receipt that shows date when item shipped to address and showed email received that payment and everything was good. Next day or two PayPal reversed the payment and refunded the buyer. I want to know why after two weeks with no issues from the buyer PayPal just up and decide there was an issue with transaction? Can I do anything to try get my money back? Only stupid thing I didn't do I think that could cost me was not getting a tracking number . Only thing fishy was I went on eBay and try get buyer info there ebay name showed in search to not exist.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pintokyo

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to see why you were not covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Pintokyo
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.