Paypal procedure

KingMo1
New Community Member

Good day. This is my first time to paypal and moneygram. I posted an item for sale on olx. A lady from Ukraine contacted me to buy. She told me she had sent money to me to PayPal account, the money which I never received or showed on my PayPal account, because I received emails from the shipping company and her and PayPal emails saying that once I paid or did the money gram abroad to the shipping company and show or send the moneygram receipt to PayPal, then only theyd allocate the funds into my account, after I paid money out my pocket for the moneygram, but the money that was gonna be used out of my pocket, she made preference for and had allocated that money with the other payments. And the PayPal email said that the money she had sent couldn't be reversed or taken back by her once I paid moneygram from my side. Is this legit or the right way?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KingMo1 

It's a scam. PayPal DOES NOT hide payments from you requiring you to pay a third party, use another payment processor (moneygram, western union, etc), buy gift cards, provide tracking number first. That is not how PayPal works. As of this moment, you have not been paid. If someone really paid, a record of payment will show in your account fairly instantly. The buyer cannot instruct PayPal to hold it requiring you to do these things the buyer is asking you to do either with their fake PayPal email confirmations. If your payment is subject to a PayPal hold, it will still show up in your PayPal account if the person REALLY paid. Inform buyer that payment is not showing in my account and you are contacting PayPal to confirm this payment. They'll go away.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KingMo1 

It's a scam. PayPal DOES NOT hide payments from you requiring you to pay a third party, use another payment processor (moneygram, western union, etc), buy gift cards, provide tracking number first. That is not how PayPal works. As of this moment, you have not been paid. If someone really paid, a record of payment will show in your account fairly instantly. The buyer cannot instruct PayPal to hold it requiring you to do these things the buyer is asking you to do either with their fake PayPal email confirmations. If your payment is subject to a PayPal hold, it will still show up in your PayPal account if the person REALLY paid. Inform buyer that payment is not showing in my account and you are contacting PayPal to confirm this payment. They'll go away.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.