Paypal.me link deactivated - resuable?

Mnemocat
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!
I have read the post about the paypal.me/linkchange functionality being not available at the moment on this post https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Products-and-Services/Change-PayPal-me-Url/m-p/1010207#M3096 (i couldn't find anything else)

As this is not possible I wonder, I recently created a new account which hopefully will be used for my self-employed endeavours so I have Account A, and Account B.
Account A was the only one with a Paypal.me functionality activated, sadly I used the same name I would like to use for Paypal.me/accountB. 

If I deactivate the usage of paypal.me on the accountA can I use the "same name" on accountB or is it saved in account a?

thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mnemocat 

No, that won't work. Link name has to be unique in some way.

The PayPal.Me link I want is taken. What can I do?
PayPal.Me links can’t be reserved and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If your preferred link is taken, try some alternatives or pick one of our suggestions.

How many links can I have for PayPal.Me?
You may have only one active PayPal.Me link per PayPal account. Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mnemocat 

No, that won't work. Link name has to be unique in some way.

The PayPal.Me link I want is taken. What can I do?
PayPal.Me links can’t be reserved and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If your preferred link is taken, try some alternatives or pick one of our suggestions.

How many links can I have for PayPal.Me?
You may have only one active PayPal.Me link per PayPal account. Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.