Paypal is showing aw snap error in chrome browser

GaneshBharadwaj
New Community Member

When PayPal button is embedded in a website and when it is clicked in chrome browser both PC and Android, chrome crashes showing Aw Snap! Error. Please help me to resolve this issue, i am loosing many payment because of this issue

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Kimmywimmy1
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly the same as me....have you figured it out? My website is with GoDaddy....is yours? I'm wondering if its because they've placed restrictions on my account....so annoying
Login to Me Too

LouieG614
Contributor
Contributor

We are having the same problem.  Our web site is also with Go Daddy but we have no restrictions on our account that I am aware of.

Login to Me Too

AspenGenealogy
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem and my website is also with GoDaddy and I have no restrictions on my site.  I found a thread that states PayPal was aware 5 years ago that their Pay Now type buttons don't always play well with Chrome. It also state they are aware of the problem - but that was so long ago that it doesn't explain why it's happening now.  Like others, I am losing income and do not relish the idea of having to tell my customers to try another browser.  Every consumer should be able to use the browser of their choice and make a purchase using PayPal. 

I hope PayPal monitors these chats and addresses the issue.  If their paychecks depended upon a similar process I bet they'd get it working!

Login to Me Too

BLDann79
Contributor
Contributor

The first line of the PayPal button HTML code reads: target=”_top”. I changed the word “top” to “blank”. So the result is now: target=”_blank” and it works on all browsers, both desktop and mobile.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.