Paypal fees

Arslaney
Contributor
Contributor

I am using paypal from couple of months. When I am receiving any payments, Paypal charge me 4.9% plus fixed fees $0.30, that is a bit high. I heard that for some account paypal only charge 2.9% plus fixed fees. Please advise me, how I will reduce Paypal fees for future transactions. I am based in Saudi Arabia.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Manny171
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Arslaney

I know why your getting confused follow these steps

#1 login to your Paypal Balance summary

#2 scroll all the way down & click on (FEES)

you are being charged the 2.9% Plus a ($4.99 it's the dollars) NOT 4.99%

I had to look up why you was seeing what you are seeing.

since your in Saudia Arabia that $4.99? is listed under (OTHER COUNTRY)

if your in Europe, Canada, United States it will be $2.99 in dollars Plus the 2.9%

that will also apply to your 2.9% you are getting charged the right amount.

I'm assuming your labeled under (OTHER COUNTRY) but I could be wrong so follow these steps

#1 login to your account

#2 scroll all the way down & click on (Contact us)

#3 scroll all the way down again & click on (email us)

#4 on the left window select (adding money)

#5 Put date you received funds

#6 put the (amount $$) that was sent to you.

#7 Put the Transaction ID this is IMPORTANT you have to have this. if you don't? than cancel this process

#8 right them a message asking them if you fall under other country for the $4.99 Dollars or your currency in your country sorry I don't know what to call your currency so I apologize I'm just telling you about united states currency but I'm sure you understand.

after you are (DONE) writing your message to Paypal explaining about your charge click (Send Email)

& wait to see if what they will say & why they think that charge was correct. I hope my answered helped you friend.

I recommend you go to (FEES) first so you don't have to waist your time contacting (Paypal) you might not have to

but if you want to make sure about the (Charges?) follow the steps I gave you it should help. also look at your 

account Balance & add everything up with the charges make sure it's correct this is what I believe it should look like

$4.99 standard other country fee that is not a (Percentage %) <--it's NOT it's Dollars $$ or your currency Dollars.

than your 2.9% for the Dollar amount in your currency than you should know the math 

& double check I believe I don't think you got a mistake but double check your account what it tells you

of when you received the money you feel the Charge is not correct than address it to PAYPAL. but if you think

it's ok? than leave it alone & don't have to contact Paypal.

Have anymore questions? don't hesitate to ask friend & let me know how it goes

Happy thanksgiving!! soon ☺

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Manny171
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Arslaney

I know why your getting confused follow these steps

#1 login to your Paypal Balance summary

#2 scroll all the way down & click on (FEES)

you are being charged the 2.9% Plus a ($4.99 it's the dollars) NOT 4.99%

I had to look up why you was seeing what you are seeing.

since your in Saudia Arabia that $4.99? is listed under (OTHER COUNTRY)

if your in Europe, Canada, United States it will be $2.99 in dollars Plus the 2.9%

that will also apply to your 2.9% you are getting charged the right amount.

I'm assuming your labeled under (OTHER COUNTRY) but I could be wrong so follow these steps

#1 login to your account

#2 scroll all the way down & click on (Contact us)

#3 scroll all the way down again & click on (email us)

#4 on the left window select (adding money)

#5 Put date you received funds

#6 put the (amount $$) that was sent to you.

#7 Put the Transaction ID this is IMPORTANT you have to have this. if you don't? than cancel this process

#8 right them a message asking them if you fall under other country for the $4.99 Dollars or your currency in your country sorry I don't know what to call your currency so I apologize I'm just telling you about united states currency but I'm sure you understand.

after you are (DONE) writing your message to Paypal explaining about your charge click (Send Email)

& wait to see if what they will say & why they think that charge was correct. I hope my answered helped you friend.

I recommend you go to (FEES) first so you don't have to waist your time contacting (Paypal) you might not have to

but if you want to make sure about the (Charges?) follow the steps I gave you it should help. also look at your 

account Balance & add everything up with the charges make sure it's correct this is what I believe it should look like

$4.99 standard other country fee that is not a (Percentage %) <--it's NOT it's Dollars $$ or your currency Dollars.

than your 2.9% for the Dollar amount in your currency than you should know the math 

& double check I believe I don't think you got a mistake but double check your account what it tells you

of when you received the money you feel the Charge is not correct than address it to PAYPAL. but if you think

it's ok? than leave it alone & don't have to contact Paypal.

Have anymore questions? don't hesitate to ask friend & let me know how it goes

Happy thanksgiving!! soon ☺

Login to Me Too

Manny171
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Arslaney

& I forgot that the $0.30 cent fees? that should only apply to sales

but speak with a Paypal Agent in an email & ask about that I don't 

want to give you the wrong information on the $0.30 cent fee

that is confusing to me too & I don't really understand it but I do

understand the 2.9% that I understand

I think the $0.30 is for when you (SELL SOMETHING) for (EACH SALE) you make

& it don't apply for when you are receiving money from someone or sending money to someone 

once again hope the answers helps you friend ☺

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.