Paypal fees

drfortini
Contributor
Contributor

is there a fee charged by Paypal when an invoice is paid by check & the invoice is marked as paid?

I recently showed a friend how to use the Paypal invoicing feature for her home business.

She loves it 🙂 but she had this question and I only have a personal account, therefore can't try it.

Any info appreciated! BTW, My quick answer to her was "I would hope not!"

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@drfortini

Not sure i understand your question.

ALL sellers pay fees to accept payments from buyers however that paypal payment is funded.

That is how paypal make the money to pay their staff and provide a service etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

drfortini
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for responding:)

To clarify, my friend sent an invoice through Paypal to a client. The client sent a physical, paper check in payment of the invoice. My friend wants to know if she marks the invoice as paid on Paypal (apparently there's a place to do that but I have not seen it personally) will Paypal charge the usual fee? 

It makes sens to me that if the client paid through Paypal, whether by existing balance or with a credit card, then a fee would apply.

If the payment comes from "outside", then Paypal isn't handling the payment, just the invoicing, so I would hope there's no fee for the transaction.

Unless she marks the invoice paid, paypal would never know about the check. As it's processed though her bank & never goes into her Paypal account, why would they charge a fee? 

I could not find anything about this sort of situation in the fees information page in Paypal.

BTW, she wants to mark it as paid so her monthly reports are accurate.

Any further thoughts on the matter?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.