Paypal charging fee for the amount sales tax collected by Ebay, this is fraud.

Error404
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal charging fee to merchant for the amount sales tax collected by Ebay, this is fraud.

Merchants who file sales tax in their home state will be showing less then paypal is saying they're getting, and footing the bill for that extra fee for ebay.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Error404 

No it's not the "f" word. Its a cost of doing business and you must adapt. Seems like this has been going on for businesses since the advent of sales tax and cc's, now we DIYs are finding out and have essentially been spoiled until the rest of world, the powers that be or "the system", has found out a way to generate revenue off net transactions. When you process a credit card transaction, your customer's credit card is charged for the total amount of the sale including sales tax and the cc fees are inclusive of the sales tax and the increased processing fees can amount to a substantial yearly expense. We just have to pass on the expense to the customer.

https://www.cardfellow.com/blog/dont-lose-money-from-processing-fees-sales-tax/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Error404
Contributor
Contributor
It's an expense that should be beared by eBay they're collecting the sales tax I am not, I'm not legally required to collect sales tax in any state besides the one I'm located in. It's fraud because they're making the merchant pay the fee when they're aren't legally obligated to.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.