Paypal charging additional shipping charges onto Discogs invoices.

GLahm1983
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I use a Discogs account to sell records and it is linked to this paypal account. When I set the shipping cost via Discogs and invoice the buyer it sends them to paypal and there is an additional shipping charge added on top of the shipping included in the invoice from Discogs. I end up having to refund the overpayment of shipping every time because of this. I need to know how to turn this feature off. I have looked everywhere on both Discogs and Paypal and do not see anywhere that there is a shipping calculator or the likes turned on. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated as it has been going on for as long as I can remember. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

jeffharris88
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue but with OpenCart payments standard. The shipping charge from OpenCart AND a second paypal shipping charge are being added.

In my case if we change the "no_shipping" variable in the post method to 1 (ie no shipping address required) then PayPal does not append a shipping charge since it doesn't think we're shipping the item. When I change that to 2 then it requires a shipping address in effect toggling the PayPal shipping calculator.

From what I have read this is set in your PayPal shipping preferences under your account settings. Years ago when my PayPal account was "Premier" I remember setting all of this up but never used it. Now that Premier accounts no longer exist and I'm again a personal account I can not find the button to change the shipping settings so now I seem to be stuck with it. The only documentation I can find on this from PayPal is from 11 years ago and the interface no longer looks the same and the buttons no longer exist.

If you happen to have a business account you should be able to change this. The alternate workaround would be to change the post code on your website to not require shipping but I'm trying to avoid that as it would leave me without seller protection.

Maybe someone else has had this issue and can help us both out?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.