Paypal charges a seller full fees when a Buyer mistakenly purchases something on eBay

spudpotatohead
New Community Member

AYFKM???

Am I the only one to notice that Paypal will soon be charging and retaining their full fee on an eBay sale even if the Buyer purchased in error? That's right, effective October 11th, if a buyer clicks on your eBay listing and doesn't read the description and pays for the item, then moments later realizes they bought the wrong thing, then asks you to cancel the order, you, as a seller, will be on the hook for the full paypal fee???   You can't partially refund the sale by the amount of the fee either. Why isn't this board ripe with outrage over this?    I have idiots buying stuff from me regularly and then canceling, as they didn't read the compatibility, or condition, etc.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

zakaroo
New Community Member

Nothing surprises me any more with this outfit. If there was anyway to easily collect money from ebay buyers that didn't involve Paypal I would be delightedly closing my account before you could say 'money-grabbing crooks'

Login to Me Too

AlbanyDavid
Contributor
Contributor

As a full time eBay seller, this is the move that has pushed me away from PayPal completely. Once my working capitol loan is concluded, PayPal will no longer be part of my business model if they go forward with this.

I had planned to keep PayPal along side managed payments on eBay once managed payments was made mandatory, but this policy going into effect on Oct. 11th has ensured that I cut ties completely with PayPal after a long history together. I honestly don't know what PayPal was thinking by doing this, this is going to hurt them severely when pretty much every eBay seller abandons them as a payment processor. They could have still gotten a fair amount of business from us, and now they have just guaranteed that they get none. 

Login to Me Too

underwatershop
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to Trevor employee number <removed> (Supervisor) at PayPal today about your unacceptable policy of not refunding PayPal fees for refunded transactions. I would like to make an official complaint that this policy is unduly impacting your merchants including me and that we no longer co do our business. People that have made purchases for example duplicate ones by accident and need to have this refunded - this penalises merchants like us for their decade long loyalty to Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.