Paypal charged me around 30% fee

xenovia12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. This is my first time using paypal to receive transaction.

I just want to understand how paypal charges transaction. it says 2.9% + $0.30 but what they took is 30%

As a test my friend sent me 1 euro and its equivalent to 56.62 to my currency and paypal charges 17.49.

After that, he sent me 5 euro which is equivalent to 283.11 and paypal charges 27.46

can someone help me how does it works? as paypal is charging random percentage of the transaction amount.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey xenovia12,

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion regarding fees. You can find more information on what we charge in what countries and situations using the information listed here. I hope this helps.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey xenovia12,

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion regarding fees. You can find more information on what we charge in what countries and situations using the information listed here. I hope this helps.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

xenovia12
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.