Paypal buyers protection

hsh313
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everyone, I’m from Saudi Arabia and I was looking for someone in UK to purchase some items and post them to my country since the store only accept buying by collecting the items in store. Hopefully I found that person who is able to collect the items and send them to me. He asked me to pay first for the items through PayPal (personal account), my question is, am I protected if I payed him directly in this way not through a website? What’s the proper way to make payment safely in my situation? Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hsh313 

Paypals buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read up on it and then risk assess your transactions.

However I will say this, if you are going to 'buy' the item from him then it would be better if he sent you a money request or invoice (perfectly able to do this on a personal account) fully describing the item that you are puchasing from him so in the event of a dispute you would have some coverage.

DO NOT send a family / friends payment. By using a money request or invoice he may end up paying a fee to receive the payment so you could reimburse him those costs AFTER you received the item via the friends / family option.

What store is it as i am in the UK and will check where they ship to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hsh313
Contributor
Contributor
Kernowlass, thanks a lot your advice was helpful. The store I’m talking about is Dunelm, most of the items are available for home delivery so I have no problem pay for them using my credit card and ship them to my forwarding business UK address. But the item I’m trying to buy is only available for “reserve and collect” from store. Thanks again I’ll ask him to send a detailed invoice.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.