Paypal business type: Individual or Sole proprietorhip

edgar_y
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone. I'm from Canada & venturing into selling on Ebay to discard some items in my home & earn extra income. I was about to upgrade my personal account to business i but i got stuck where it asks for a business type: Individual, Sole proprietorship and so on. Not sure what business type applies to me and I couldn't continue with the process as it may ask me for further details and information about the business.

So my question is, is it be advisable  to go to an accountant first to help me setup a business entity before proceeding with the business account ?

I'm just making sure I'm laying the groundwork right in compliance with CRA requirements. Thanks so much in advanced.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MichaelHF
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there, IF you're selling stuff from your home that you don't want to keep, keep your account as individual, If you change your mind in the future and want to make it your main income, Then i advise you to sign up for a seller permit from your city's website, Which a permit authorizes you to purchase wholesale from any wholesaler "Not for liquor or tobacco", You'll will be tax exempt, Cause you gonna collect tax from customers. But for a starter stick with a personal account, And see how things go. I wish you the best with everything you do 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.