Paypal & Passwords

Sieg2
New Community Member

In a number of cases when I try to make purchase and want to use Paypal it tells me that my password is wrong. I am 200% sure it is not. Then I have to go through the whole procedure of resetting it. If you tell me that as part of your procedures you want me to change the password every month, OK, but to find out when you are making a purchase is just plain annoying. From the forums I see that it is not just my problem but that many other have it too. I like using Paypal for its convenience and security. I had to change yesterday and today Paypal made me change it again.

I have not had to change my Amazon log in once in years

Does anyone know what going on?

Thanks Sieg2

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Sieg2

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

If our system is requesting you to change your password but you are sure that the one that you are inserting is correct, it may be a technical issue or that your password was changed in the meantime. Firstly, please check your email inbox and junk/spam folder to make sure that you did not receive any communication stating that your password has been changed when you did not change it. If you see that the password was changed without your consent, please run an antivirus scan and change both your password and security questions from the 'Security' tab of your settings. If you cannot find any emails, instead, I would recommend clearing your cache and cookies and deleting your browser history as this should help you solve the issue. 

Also, please note that is always safer to change your password every couple of months to increase the safety of your account. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.