Paypal added and removed my middle names, now insist they must be there

AndrewCM
Contributor
Contributor

About a year ago when I changed my address, PayPal requested proof of ID, which I sent.  The changed the account name to include my middle names.
A phone call to help sorted this out, and a month later they sent another request to prove I am who I am and they changed it back again to include 2 middle names.

Now the message help is telling me my account name must be the same as the ID I provide.  This is clearly not true as there is no place to put middle names when you sign up.  My Thai ID does not have room for 4 names and they place my 2nd middle name as a surname (The phone call to a Thai person was the reason for the last successful name change back).   I have asked several times to change my name back to the first and last name as PayPal requested when opening the account.  I included a screenshot of my help messages with both my first and last name and then all four names changing several times over the course of messaging, showing that they can in fact change my name to just first and last, but now they are insisting they can not.

It seems very strange that PayPal do not ask you for your middle names when creating an account, but insist that they are required to have an account.  Can anyone point me in the direction of PayPals rules regarding this?  It is confusing when it gets changed back sometimes and then you are told it can't be done other times

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.