Paypal Tax

CharlesRivers
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I was wondering if anyone can explain to me how Paypal's tax charge works.

I'm new to this and I heard from one of my peers that Paypal charges tax when transferring money from one country to another.

Suppose I were to transfer $200 to my friend in Thailand. How much should I send for him/her to receive exactly $200 without any deductions?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @CharlesRivers,

Thank you for your question. There is no tax charged for transferring funds, but as @sharpiemarker mentioned, there are fees associated with sending payments internationally. If you're sending a Friends and Family payment, the fees will be calculated and shown to you at the time of the payment, and the recipient will receive exactly the amount you mean to send while you'll be shown the total with the fees included.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CharlesRivers 

See this page for fees schedule:

https://www.paypal.com/th/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CharlesRivers
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @sharpiemarker, Which specific number can I find the answer to my question in? It's in Thai and some translations are not accurate. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @CharlesRivers,

Thank you for your question. There is no tax charged for transferring funds, but as @sharpiemarker mentioned, there are fees associated with sending payments internationally. If you're sending a Friends and Family payment, the fees will be calculated and shown to you at the time of the payment, and the recipient will receive exactly the amount you mean to send while you'll be shown the total with the fees included.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

CharlesRivers
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for clarifying this for me, Ms. @PayPal_Olivia!! 🙂
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @CharlesRivers,

Happy to help!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.