Paypal Fees

Gogh2guy
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone, I'm a ebay merchant and I've noticed that for some of my sales I'm charged the US rate of 2.9%+.3 and others I'm charged the international rate of 4.4% +.3 . This doesn't seem right considering the sales were made on ebay, which is a US platform, with USD, and are shipped to US addresses!! Not to mention the fact that it makes bookkeeping more difficult when sometimes my profit is off by 1.5%!! Is this a mistake?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gogh2guy

The fees are based on the country of the buyer's PayPal account. Some foreigners are visiting the US and make purchases during their stay here. Some foreigners shop the US eBay site and ship to US address.  It's all possible. I've had it happen to me but not on eBay but different marketplace. Now if you had a business account, you could likely see whether the PayPal account is US PayPal account or Non U.S. account on the payment details.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gogh2guy

The fees are based on the country of the buyer's PayPal account. Some foreigners are visiting the US and make purchases during their stay here. Some foreigners shop the US eBay site and ship to US address.  It's all possible. I've had it happen to me but not on eBay but different marketplace. Now if you had a business account, you could likely see whether the PayPal account is US PayPal account or Non U.S. account on the payment details.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.