Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Fees for Refunds

SOLVED
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: refunds

@SOEKS1 

Whether you use paypal or not matters not one jot to me to be honest.

Someone asked the question of whether fees are returned on refunds and i answered it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
I do not work for Paypal.
Highlighted
Contributor

This is an absolutely ridiculous policy. I just refunded a customer because neither one of us wanted to get stuck with the Paypal fee only to find out that I am STILL stuck with the fee and then had to go ahead and wait for the check to arrive in the mail. Had I any idea that I would be paying this fee either way, I would have just kept the payment and stopped using Paypal for future transactions. I got absolutely nothing out of the transaction and will not be accepting Paypal for payment anymore. What a rip off. Not worth it.

Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@gardenlover6789 

So you want to break paypal rules and accept payments from buyers that paypal process for you free of charge?

You want to avoid paying the fee that the rest of us have to pay?

Well if everyone did that paypal would have no money to run the service or pay their staff.

I think the fact you had to pay the fee that you were trying to avoid (when you should be paying it), is to be honest karma in my opinion which of course you won't appreciate.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
I do not work for Paypal.
Highlighted
Contributor

hi

i don't agree, if paypal want to charge for processing refund it should be certain amount for example 20p or let's say 50p or £1, i had a buyer bought something worth £300 and after 10 minutes he wanted to cancel the transaction so the fee is over £10 ....paypal takes £10 for what??? that is not a fair trade !! how about something worth a £1000?

thanks

Highlighted
Contributor

Nothing.

Read the thread here.  Policy changed last fall.  PP robbing merchants by not refunding fees.

Highlighted
Contributor

you are right. We can't sell our product but they still taken the fees 🙂 How can they work like a thief?