cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Fees for Refunds

Contributor

Re: PayPal’s New Refund Policy Sticks It To Sellers With Fees - Is this true?

Absolutely. Tweet about it, post about it on Facebook and social media, call PayPal and voice your anger and willingness to leave them over this. This is such a greed driven move that I will probably still ditch PayPal just for trying it, even if they do cancel the plans. This shows me exactly what kind of dishonest company they are.

New Community Member

So any one find a solution??

we have been accepting paypal for years.. but surely get customers almost everyday.. "oh i bought the wrong item"

or can i return this item for a refund.

We be the "nice-guy" and say yes you can return it for a refund...

i guess it will have to be exchanges after this!!

We also sell $1k plus items.. on which $29 is a KILLER in fees!!

shame on you paypal!!

Any Aussies on here???

can we go to AFCA with a complaint?

Highlighted
Contributor

The solution is to not use PayPal. I am actively researching other options and there are many of them. Just google "PayPal alternatives" and you'll be on your way to a solution. Ebay will also offer PayPal alternatives soon.

Esteemed Advisor

@vferdman 

Loads of alternatives but unfortunately ''buyers'' mostly have paypal accounts and want buyer protection.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

Buyers are fine with paying with MC/Visa.

Esteemed Advisor

@vferdman 

The whole point of paypal is to keep c.c. and bank account info confidential and to save the buyer keep entering it in every time that they pay.

Also a lot of sellers are not business sellers and so can't accept direct card payments.

Contributor

I disagree with your observation about confidentiality.  There are a lot of reasons to use PayPal, just as there are reasons to use cc or bank accounts.  If buyers have to pay a premium to use PP, or there are discounts for paying with other methods, lots will take advantage of lower prices.

I think the direction sellers will go is to offer incentives for more reasonable forms of payment.  There are lots of creative ways to do that.  Until now, PP was the most convenient way for me to take payments, especially for international and/or big ticket items.  Now they are giving me incentives to go somewhere else.  That's just business.

Esteemed Advisor

@Scratcher 

Fair enough, you have to go with what will work for you really.

I am just pointing out the fact that heck of a lot of buyers use paypal as its convenient and gives them buyer protection.

So not offering it may be cutting off your nose etc etc.

Contributor

Refund of PayPal Charges

In line with industry practice and according to our updated policy, PayPal will not charge a fee to process refunds, but the fees from the original transaction will not be returned. Isn't this a great change! It must cost one hell of a lot for the nanosecond of computer time to make the refund of the paypal charges. Reference the industry standard but is it a fair policy...I think not. Will be looking for a remedy that does not penalize seller and buyer. Really just a method to increase the bottom line!

Contributor

Re: Refund of PayPal Charges

It is really time that anyone that has this happen call paypal. They will see the cost to answer the numerous calls will be huge.