Paypal Fee Option Conversation

MikenKarie
Contributor
Contributor

30 cent fee per transaction is preventing/killing a market segment.  In recent years coin collections who need that penny or dime are looking to spent less than $2 for that coin and no longer visit a local coin shop.  I am referring to the most common sale of either a Single Penny or quarter.  Per day my Ebay transactions can hit 100 of those per day and many of them end up around $1 total sale (would you pay much more than $1 for a face value 1 cent PENNY?) that leaves me with 66 cents sitting in Paypal to cover a 55 cent stamp and pay 10 cents to Ebay.  Sure not all of my sales are $1 penny sales, but at 100 transactions per day I can see a business case across, not only just mine, but other forms of business who could use a Product offering of a monthly fee for a set number of transactions.

This would also be a new easy way for Paypal to further delineate/segregate it's various customer base from large purchase businesses to large number of transaction businesses.  Of course they already have some of those metrics on hand, but it can easily be assumed a decent size set of businesses are lost because of this FLAT 30 cents per transaction and then sum % policy.  For Example I would be willing to pay $50 or $75 a month to have an account that let's me sell an average of 100 coins per day with only a percent fee structure on those sales. 

There could be an easy set calculation to understand the cost of 10,000 transactions and then sell those in BULK at let's say 5 cents per transaction but as a monthly fee. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.