Paypal Bitcoin

CMickeyC
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone explain to me why PayPal wants me to spend more money buying BitCoin to verify my account for a business account. I have never had to do this until a recent receival of funds larger than usual requested an addition $800 from the sender to upgrade my account.  How do I secure the additional money via bitcoin buy without actually having to spend my own money on buying 800 bitcoin. keep in mind, I have never even heard of bitcoin until this.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CMickeyC 

"to verify my account for a business account"

What? Sounds like a scam.

PayPal never asks you to buy gift card, buy bitcoin, pay a third party agent, use a third party payment processor, provide tracking info to verify an account OR in order to receive payment.

When linking a bank account or a card to PayPal, PayPal doesn't temporarily charge more than $1.95 to validate card or 2 small deposits that don't even total a dollar if confirming a bank account.

And PayPal don't deal in Bitcoin.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CMickeyC
Contributor
Contributor
It told the person sending me money to send an additional $800 because they had to upgrade my account because apparently $200 was over my personal limit So they sent the $800 and now PayPal is saying I have to take $800 of my own money and buy it in Bitcoin. And send in a receipt for confirmation before they release any of the money sent to me. I have never had this problem before but the person sending money is saying that they have been through this process before and is refusing to just do a simple **bleep** e transfer. I don't own a business to fill in the requirements for a business account to even close the account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CMickeyC 

As you have been told ITS A SCAM, that is not how paypal works.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.