Paypal Account in other countries.

carl3french2
Contributor
Contributor

I have a friend in Nigeria who needs to set up an account to go with a GoFundMe account and need to know if he can set one up. Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carl3french2

He can open a Paypal account in Nigeria but they are limited to sending funds for purchases only.

The option to receive funds is not available in Nigeria.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carl3french2

He can open a Paypal account in Nigeria but they are limited to sending funds for purchases only.

The option to receive funds is not available in Nigeria.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

carl3french2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Is there a reason not allowing a person in Nigeria to receive funds. This is very inconvenient and that only leaves Western Union or similar options to get money to them. Thanks in advance. Sincerely carl3french2

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carl3french2

Well as I have absolutely nothing to do with Paypal then I can't give you an exact reason BUT there are many countries in the world that can't receive paypal funds and each country varies in what they can and can't do.

This is because paypal can only provide what the government / banks of that country allow them to do.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

carl3french2
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply. It does make things a little clearer. I had a feeling it might have been something like that. Think we might see if we can use a credit card or something like that. Sincerely carl3french2.
Login to Me Too

MichaelF100
New Community Member

Customers tell me they cannot use paypal in their country despite their country being on the list of countries on paypal's website. So who is right??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MichaelF100 

Depends what country they are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.