Paypal Acceptable Use Policy Regarding Merchants

fsears1963
Contributor
Contributor

Question to the community, new to paypal but wanted to ask a question regarding potential merchant deception and whether it violates the acceptable use policy.  I have been asked to make a payment for services and I want to have it on the credit card on my account.  The merchant asks me to use the friends and family option for paypal as compared to the option for services, which leaves me stuck to pay the credit card fees.  The merchant made no mention of this in there disclosure and I am wondering if they have violated and Paypal agreements, also how would one going about reporting this.  At best I consider this deception by the merchant who is running a business.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fsears1963 

Friends and family payment does not come with purchase protection so no obligation for seller to fulfill order after you pay. And you would be helping the seller avoid seller fees therefore seller is violating the User Agreement, besides negating your purchase protection. Buying with PayPal is supposed to be free. You can opt not to buy from this seller.

You may also report them:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US

(See last section)

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fsears1963 

Friends and family payment does not come with purchase protection so no obligation for seller to fulfill order after you pay. And you would be helping the seller avoid seller fees therefore seller is violating the User Agreement, besides negating your purchase protection. Buying with PayPal is supposed to be free. You can opt not to buy from this seller.

You may also report them:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US

(See last section)

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.