Payment taken 17 times!

Vickilou1
Contributor
Contributor
I know Visa had a issue yesterday with payments not going through but can someone explain why when sending a paypal payment (using card) it kept scrolling and appeared to fail, according to the bank the payment was taken 17 times! Hasnt been recieved either and not showing in my transaction history, what to do 🤷‍♀️
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Lbc14
Contributor
Contributor
I had a very similar issue. I tried to make a payment on Friday through paypal. I had adequate funds. However there was no confirmation of payments going through. Therefore I made the required payment with a credit card instead. You can imagine my surprise when I saw that paypal had withheld the payments 3 times from my bank funds. So including the credit card payment (which is on the receipt of payment) I have paid for this transaction 4 times! 3 of which I have no receipt of authorisation or confirmation for. Ridiculous!
Login to Me Too

Lbc14
Contributor
Contributor
I had a very similar issue. I tried to make a payment on Friday through paypal. I had adequate funds. However there was no confirmation of payments going through. Therefore I made the required payment with a credit card instead. You can imagine my surprise when I saw that paypal had withheld the payments 3 times from my bank funds. So including the credit card payment (which is on the receipt of payment) I have paid for this transaction 4 times! 3 of which I have no receipt of authorisation or confirmation for. Ridiculous!
Login to Me Too

Vickilou1
Contributor
Contributor
They have now taken it 37 times, no doubt it is Visa error but doesnt help me does it, never again will I use paypal, its not safe using a card obviously at all whether thats Visa’s fault or not is by the by
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.