Payment sent to incorrect email address

Sallybush1
New Community Member

I’ve sent money via friends and family to an incorrect email address. How do I get my money back. PayPal resolution centre have told me I am not covered.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sallybush1 

Contact the recipient via the PayPal email address found in the transaction details and request a refund. After that you're at the mercy of the sender's better nature to refund you.

If you don't hear back or recipient refuses and you paid with credit card or bank account, talk to your financial institution to see if they can assist, but no guarantees though.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sallybush1 

Contact the recipient via the PayPal email address found in the transaction details and request a refund. After that you're at the mercy of the sender's better nature to refund you.

If you don't hear back or recipient refuses and you paid with credit card or bank account, talk to your financial institution to see if they can assist, but no guarantees though.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BC81
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Is this the only way to get money back? I’ve had the same issue an email address was accidentally typed incorrectly, we email the recipients to request it be transferred back but haven’t heard and PayPal are saying they cannot help. This was sent from PayPal balance not a bank account so I don’t think the bank can help. It was a big sum of money so I really need to get it back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.