Payment pending

Aiyubb7
Contributor
Contributor
Since last Friday, I have had a payment pending from a friend. I've emailed a few times and do not have a clear answer as to why it is pending. It said on an email that the pending payment would be reviewed within 3 days. It's been a week and it is still pending and I haven't been told anything?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aiyubb7

Sounds like your friends has sent it as an echeque.

Normally when someone pays you it is never instant, paypal credit the funds to you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer.

They use the slowest (cus its the cheapest) transfer option and that is why they do that.

However they only credit in advance if the sender is funding that payment from their ............

1. Bank account BUT have a back up credit or debit card linked to that Paypal account as well.

2. Debit or Credit card.

If they ONLY have a bank account and its a friends / family payment then it may go as an echeque and you have to wait for it to clear.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Redrebel
Contributor
Contributor
Ive had the same problem is it something that the recipient has to do I wonder
Login to Me Too

Aiyubb7
Contributor
Contributor
My friend who sent me the money, showed me that it has come out of his bank account. So I don't know why PayPal are taking so long to give me a decent reply.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aiyubb7

Sounds like your friends has sent it as an echeque.

Normally when someone pays you it is never instant, paypal credit the funds to you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer.

They use the slowest (cus its the cheapest) transfer option and that is why they do that.

However they only credit in advance if the sender is funding that payment from their ............

1. Bank account BUT have a back up credit or debit card linked to that Paypal account as well.

2. Debit or Credit card.

If they ONLY have a bank account and its a friends / family payment then it may go as an echeque and you have to wait for it to clear.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.