Payment made to me

NormK1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I received a payment this morning from a person in the UK into my paypal account and I am wondering how he was able to do this. I gave him no information and as far as I know he only knew my first name and the fact I lived in Australia. The figure paid in is correct as we had discussed but I am curious as to how he was able to transfer the funds with no other information.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NormK1 

No, course not.

BUT to pay you money you have to supply someone with your paypal email address, so if someone could take money out by supplying that information then millions of sellers everyday would be scammed.  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
@NormK1 All he would need is the email address you use with your paypal account. If you were corresponding with him using that address then thats how he knew?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

NormK1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Well there you go kernowlass, learn something every day, hope he can't take money out the same way
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NormK1 

No, course not.

BUT to pay you money you have to supply someone with your paypal email address, so if someone could take money out by supplying that information then millions of sellers everyday would be scammed.  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.