Payment issue.

Islander48
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer said he has made several attempts to pay me for an item I'm selling yet my account shows zero, is there any way of checking his claim is true?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

If you did not get an email notification or a record of the transaction in you account activity - then nothing has happened on your end.

Did you send the buyer an invoice ??   (a better method if you're selling an item)

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

If you did not get an email notification or a record of the transaction in you account activity - then nothing has happened on your end.

Did you send the buyer an invoice ??   (a better method if you're selling an item)

Login to Me Too

Islander48
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your advice GreenGear, that's just what I thought.

Login to Me Too

Dingalow

Is there a solution to this? Because I have to receive an email from Paypal telling me that someone has bought an item from me to be shipped from UK to Nigeria. The person bought the item and paid with Paypal, even sent an extra £100 for shipping, yet I've received no notification. I need a notification as well so I can show proof to Paypal that I've shipped the item, that way I can receive the payment.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

What you have described is a classic scam.  There's several red flags - extra money for shipping, shipping to Nigeria, an email from most likely not PayPal and no indication in your Account Activity of a sale.

You may want to:

* Forward the entire email to:    spoof@paypal.com.
* Do not alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.
* Delete the suspicious email from your inbox.
* Never click on any links within the email or open any attachments.

Look at the email address domain and wording in the email, grammar, salutation, spelling, etc.  If any of these are questionable, it's most likely a spoof.

Login to Me Too

Dingalow

I thought that might be the case, however her payment has come up on eBay (apart from the extra £100) so it seemed legit to me. She also contacted me initially on eBay and now appears to be emailing me through a personal email, rather than a third party one

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.