Payment from a user in France

EngMike
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I am a Paypal user in Canada.  I am trying to receive a payment from a Paypal user in France. 

Yesterday, I was given the e-mail (In French) about the fact that a payment has been made to me.  There was a link to log into my account to confirm, which I did.  However, there are some other additional instructions in French that I think I need to do, but I don't have the option of doing.  The instructions are below....unfortunately, they are in French....

Votre argent est en attente. Récupérez-le dès maintenant. 

Ouvrez un compte PayPal gratuitement pour récupérer votre argent. C'est un moyen plus rapide et plus sécurisé d'acheter en ligne, et d'envoyer et de recevoir de l'argent entre proches.

Vous avez déjà un compte associé à une autre adresse email ? Cliquez ci-dessous et connectez-vous pour que nous puissions enregistrer cette adresse sur votre compte existant.
Pensez à récupérer ce paiement avant le 15 août 2018 ou il sera renvoyé à l'expéditeur.

These were the instructions provided to me after the user's address was given.  I don't see my transaction pending in my account/summary.  I have a feeling there is something wrong, and I'm not doing something to fully access they money that's being transferred.

Any assistance with regards to this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and thanks.

Mike

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EngMike

All you had to do was put the French into 'google translate' and this would show up.

Your money is waiting. Get it right now.

Open a PayPal account for free to get your money back. It's a faster and more secure way to buy online, and send and receive money between loved ones.

Already have an account associated with another email address? Click below and log in so we can save this address to your existing account.
Remember to collect this payment before August 15, 2018 or it will be returned to the sender.

So if they sent it in euros have you got euros as a receiving currency on your paypal account?

If not did you ask them to pay in Canadian dollars?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EngMike
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings!

Thanks for the reply.  Although he is in France, he sent the payment is U.S Dollars.  I have a Canadian Paypal account.  So yes, I think the fact that different currencies are in play may be the reason why I have not received my money yet.

That being said, I would think there would be a transaction pending notice on my Paypal…..lol.

Cheers and thanks for the advice.  I tried that google translate, and that's seriously cool.  🙂

Mike

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EngMike

If you 'add' USD to your paypal account as a receiving currency then the funds may show up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EngMike
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings!

I did already have Canadian and US Currencies selected as currencies I can receive.  Canadian was the one that was set as primary.  Let's see what happens when I switch the primary currency to US.

Additionally, I got another message from Paypal.fr from the French buyer with regards to payment of $160 US.  I have no idea if this means when I clicked on the link from the 1st message, it didn't work.  But something tells me there is more to this than just a language issue......

Cheers

Mike

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.