Payment for product scam

Eilish16
New Community Member

Hi, i sold an ipad to someone and they were to pay me $700 i got an email that appeared to be from paypal saying the money is coming as soon as the tracking is sent, i stupidly believed it and sent the item, i believe i have been scammed and now the person is trying to trick me into sending money to them so that i will grt the money in my account but i am not that stupid (only stupid enough sto send the item without payment first) anyway, what should i do, how to i get the money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eilish16

Sadly as none of the transaction was done using Paypals site there is nothing Paypal can do to help you.

The emails would have been fake and not from Paypal as Paypal never tell you to send an item before being paid ie the funds showing in your Paypal account balance. 

If the item was sent within your own country then you may be able to use private legal action as you would have name and address details but I expect that it was an international transaction wasn't it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eilish16

Sadly as none of the transaction was done using Paypals site there is nothing Paypal can do to help you.

The emails would have been fake and not from Paypal as Paypal never tell you to send an item before being paid ie the funds showing in your Paypal account balance. 

If the item was sent within your own country then you may be able to use private legal action as you would have name and address details but I expect that it was an international transaction wasn't it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Eilish16
New Community Member
Yes, but with any luck what happened to the ipad i owned before happened to that one and no one can get into it fingers crossed (there was an issue with the apple id and an activation lock when you try to set up the ipad so lets hope its useless to them anyway)
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.