Payment Withheld

Tucker12
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve sold a good via goods and services and received an email from “PayPal” about the money being on hold until the buy receives the goods but I’ve got no pending receiving alert about the payment on my actual PayPal. All I’ve got is an email, which I gave this person my email and name so I’m thinking this is a bit suspicious, and this person is acting a bit weird. So I’m wondering if I would get an alert or is this normal procedure?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tucker12 

Scam. Do not ship. If you do not see payment, then you have not been paid. PayPal does not hide payments asking you to ship, pay a third party, buy gift cards, or enter a tracking number first. 

If your payment is subject to a hold by PayPal, a pending payment would be showing if the person REALLY sent payment. Scammers ask for email address and name so they can send a fake PayPal email. All one need is PayPal email address to make payment, don't need name as that would be provided when a payment is made and listed in their PayPal account activity, in the transaction details.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tucker12
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much! I thought so and said to the seller about this looking fishy and won’t be selling until some sort of verification - surprise surprise no response. Thanks again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.