Payment Fee

mtadams29

Can someone please explain this to me?  I received two recent payments.  One was not charged any fees (as expected since I have never been charged a fee for receiving money on PayPal).  The other was charged a fee of $2.48 for no discernible reason.  Nothing is cited as the cause for this.  the only difference between the two is that one was the fulfillment of a "request" and the other was not.  The Requested payment was charged the fee.  Also, I am being given the option to "return" the funds, but I am not sure if this will refund the full original amount, or the amount minus the fee.  Can anyone tell me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mtadams29

ok any 'money request' or 'invoice' is a request to a buyer for payment for goods.

If they were a friend then the 'only' option available for a 'gift' payment is by the sender going to send money > family / friends.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mtadams29

If you are selling goods then you always pay a fee?

If you are selling and asking buyers to use the friends / family option then you risk your Paypal account being limited.

If you are not selling goods but its a friend or family member that has sent you a gift payment then post back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mtadams29

I was not selling anything.  It was a request to a friend as reimbursement for tickets.  But there was no place to note that I was or was not selling anything.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mtadams29

ok any 'money request' or 'invoice' is a request to a buyer for payment for goods.

If they were a friend then the 'only' option available for a 'gift' payment is by the sender going to send money > family / friends.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mtadams29

OK, but since I am already beyond that, if I REFUND the payment, will the person get the full amount back, or the amount minus the fee?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.