Paying with PayPal credit

dbyards
Contributor
Contributor
I have a problem with PayPal and PayPal credit! My grandmother, my mother, and myself have just opened a new landscape business and we set up a paypal business account, but all three of us already had PayPal accounts that we have been using for years. I turned my PayPal account into the business account. The three of us Applied and were given lines of credit through PayPal credi on each of their personal accounts and my business account. My grandmother is 94, my mother is 60, and I am 44. We were sitting together on the computer and we’re on the Home Depot site where we picked out multiple items to purchase. My grandmother was purchasing a lawnmower, she was denied to be able to use her credit. We called in and they said that their security system has several factors and that since she is 94 there’s no reason she needs a lawnmower, but she was told that she could try to purchase a walker, wheelchair, or sewing machine and that those purchases would most likely be authorized through PayPal credit. So my mother tried to purchase a lawnmower, weedeater, blower, and weedeater line. Her total was $1248 which she had a line of credit of $2,250 and when she went to check out she too was denied the chance to use her PayPal credit. Once again we called and we got the same answer that someone her age should not need to buy those kinds of items and that the security system would not authorize the transaction. I then went on to try to purchase the same stuff with the same total and line of credit and once again were denied the opportunity to use my PayPal credit. Once again we called and got the same story. My business account has the landscape company’s name on it so you would think putting 2 and 2 together that all these items would be needed. What PayPal is doing is profiling and I thought that was illegal. We apply for credit, it dings our credit for applying, and then the credit line is used in our FICO scores, but yet we cannot use it. Can anybody tell me where to go from here because PayPal is no help and all they tell you is to try another form of payment. We are very disgusted, upset, and feel that the profiling that PayPal is doing should be brought up with the authorities for what they are doing. I’m sorry this was so long but it’s very upsetting to not get any answers from PayPal credit managers or anyone with PayPal. Thank you
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.