Paying for a 2nd hand Laptop which will be mailed

BellamyRUFC
New Community Member

Hello everyone, i have met a seller online who is willing to sell me a laptop. Just wanted to see if i send the money to the buyer and put payments for goods or services and a full description of the laptop i would be covered under buyer protection? Say if the laptop come and it was faulty or never arrived would i be able to start up a dispute and have any luck? The seller seems to think this stopped in July 2017.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BellamyRUFC

As long as you pay using the goods / services option and put in a full description of the item you are paying for them you should be able to open a dispute for 'item received but not as described'.

However it may be better to ask the seller to send you an invoice or money request and put on a FULL description of what she is selling for you.

Why does she think buyer protection no longer exists, of course it does but it is never a 100% coverall so your best bet is to read up on it in paypals user agreement so you can risk assess your transaction.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.