Paying a friend by credit card

pez999
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I need to pay a friend just over £500 and don't have any spare cash at the moment and he has suggested using the credit card attached to my PayPal account to pay into his PayPal account.

I've read through the help section on PayPal and even got as far as setting up the payment on 'send and request sending to a friend or to family' and there is no mention of any fee. In fact under the Fee it says £0.00. However it seems surprising to me that there will not ben any sort of fee for doing this. We are both in the UK and I'm paying in GBP. Is it correct that there won't be any fees at all?

Thanks

Pez 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pez999

I had the same problem the other day, I sent a personal payment and was about to select my bank account to make it 'free' when I saw that it stated no fee from my credit card and sure enough I was not charged.

Just checked the user agreement > fees and got this....

A1.1 Domestic Personal Transaction payment Fees

Activity

Fee 

Sending  a Domestic Personal Transaction payment

Free (when no currency conversion is involved)

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pez999

I had the same problem the other day, I sent a personal payment and was about to select my bank account to make it 'free' when I saw that it stated no fee from my credit card and sure enough I was not charged.

Just checked the user agreement > fees and got this....

A1.1 Domestic Personal Transaction payment Fees

Activity

Fee 

Sending  a Domestic Personal Transaction payment

Free (when no currency conversion is involved)

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pez999
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thanks for that. I read that there’s no fee if you use your PayPal balance or bank account for domestic transactions but it seemed surprising that any payment by credit card would be free as no doubt the credit card company will charge PayPal. However as you have tried it and there was no fee I'll give it a go.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.