PayPal text message... or not!

JerryH1
Contributor
Contributor

I assume the following text I have just received is a scam??!! From pho e number: <removed> PayPal: You have (1) unresolved block on your account due to unusual activity. Visit <removed> to lift the block

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Maudy2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jerry,

yes I 'm sure it is a scam ,my husband received the identical message and he hasn't even got a PayPal account and is not linked to mine in any way at all !

There are a quite a lot of scams going about right now by txt as well as email and he has had three different ones to his telephone so is under strict orders not to open anything at all 🤔they are probably hoping that people are so bored being stuck at home that their guard is down.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Maudy2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jerry,

yes I 'm sure it is a scam ,my husband received the identical message and he hasn't even got a PayPal account and is not linked to mine in any way at all !

There are a quite a lot of scams going about right now by txt as well as email and he has had three different ones to his telephone so is under strict orders not to open anything at all 🤔they are probably hoping that people are so bored being stuck at home that their guard is down.

Login to Me Too

JerryH1
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Maudy 👍
Login to Me Too

Grazzier
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have had this message also.....

"PayPal: You have (1) unresolved block on your account due to unusual activity."

....   just now this morning.   I have recvd it once or twice before too, but its very infrequent.

Its still worrying tho.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease with this resolution commentry.

G

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.