PayPal taking $ saying it'll be back on card with an hour but funds never came back to my card?

Kay1989
New Community Member

I was on the phone with PayPal for over 3 hours not including the few times I called before that. I can't believe I stayed on that long. The guy kept pleading for me to stay on. I called about funds that they put on hold for $69.98 while I was on the phone they took $324.00 off my card saying it was a promo code and it'll be back on my card within a hour and its been way past 24 hours and still no funds. They had me go to the store and then told me to put $300.00 on a google play card. Saying they put the $ back on my card and this and that. Which wasn't true and my bank account and debit card is in the negative for something PayPal did. I'm never using PayPal again. The guy on the phone from PayPal said I was being punished. I heard someone say don't use PayPal because they had been holding people funds for no reason. They didn't even let me know that they put my funds on hold. I found out when my items never showed up and now items I paid for are saying pending because Paypal took funds without my permission saying that it was to verify it was me. When everything gets straightened out I'll delete my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kay1989

That wasn't Paypal, you have been scammed.

You probably either 'googled' for the number and then got a scam thread OR you got the number from a scam thread on this forum.

Scammers post everyday on here trying to get gullible folks to use the number, they are reported as soon as seen but some slip through.

The ONLY number you should be using is the one you get by going to help / contact bottom of paypal pages and logging in to get the code to get you through more quickly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.