PayPal takes extra money eBay refund HELP!!!

Dendrop
Contributor
Contributor
A buyer on eBay wanted to return an item that he paid $145.08 for. Ebay wouldn't let me do a partial refund so I paid him $130 through his PayPal email address. This morning $275.08 was taken out of my bank account. It should have been $130!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS????
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

justinexyz1
Contributor
Contributor

Did you just send him a cash payment?  You can do a partial refund through paypal but not ebay.  Looks like they refunded him his original payment, then you sent him money too which would be a separate transaction>  I do hope you got the item back first!  How come you didnt want to refund in full?

Login to Me Too

Dendrop
Contributor
Contributor
I didnt need the item back cause it was broken (according to him). I wasn't able to issue a partial refund through PayPal even though I tried. So I just payed him through his PayPal email. When there is an ebay return request, PayPal will say resolve this amount. I'm thinking that PayPal automatically took the 145.08 as well as the 130 from my bank. I dont think the buyer will get the 145.08 because they canceled the return request after I sent them 130. Where will the 145.08 go? Does PayPal just have it?
Login to Me Too

justinexyz1
Contributor
Contributor

Im just amazed you took his word that it was broken, and then refunded without getting it back first to check

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.