PayPal :receiving of funds

Joshrath007
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have a buyer who wants to buy a product and send funds over PayPal. I'm new to PayPal. He is requesting for my email and full name to send funds. He said I will receive a payment confirmation via email. Then I would have to email PayPal my banking details. (I don't feel that sending banking details via email is legitamite). Please let me know if this is the standard procedure
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joshrath007 

Its a scam, that is not standard procedure. All they need is your PayPal email address, they will see your name soon enough once they make payment.

They want your name as well so they can make a fake PayPal email saying they've paid but they haven't and tell you to buy gift cards and give them the code or send money to a third party payment processor, provide tracking number first and all other kinds of nonsense before PayPal will release your money.  That is not how PayPal works.

If someone really paid, you will see it in your PayPal account (even if PayPal put a hold on the money) and also receive a very basic PayPal email confirmation with who paid, how much, for what and transaction ID number and not much else.

Train yourself to always check your PayPal account for the money first, don't just believe emails and texts as they can be spoofed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joshrath007 

Its a scam, that is not standard procedure. All they need is your PayPal email address, they will see your name soon enough once they make payment.

They want your name as well so they can make a fake PayPal email saying they've paid but they haven't and tell you to buy gift cards and give them the code or send money to a third party payment processor, provide tracking number first and all other kinds of nonsense before PayPal will release your money.  That is not how PayPal works.

If someone really paid, you will see it in your PayPal account (even if PayPal put a hold on the money) and also receive a very basic PayPal email confirmation with who paid, how much, for what and transaction ID number and not much else.

Train yourself to always check your PayPal account for the money first, don't just believe emails and texts as they can be spoofed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Joshrath007
Contributor
Contributor
If it is not a scammer, and the money appears in the account saying pending , is it possible for him to take it away at the same time I send the package. And he takes my funds. Or can I give him my PayPal. Me link and see if he transfers and is not a scammer
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.