Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal payment

SOLVED
Highlighted

PayPal payment

Hello,

I am selling a computer on eBay and got an offer from a buyer , later I received 2 emails from PayPal, one showing the amount (it is not on my PayPal account) and the second one  asking me for a proof of SHIPPING TRACKING NUMBER REQUIRED.

Here is the email I received:

You are to send the shipping tracking number to us for verification, so as to secure Buyers purchase as well as you.The funds has been deducted from ……….. account and shall be credited into your PayPal account immediately after the shipment is confirmed by our management as PayPal terms to verify shipping before account crediting due to fraudulent sellers who do not ship-out item after their accounts have been credited.

Is this normal or a scam?

Thank you for your help.

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Advisor

Re: PayPal payment

@davidturpin 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
5 REPLIES 5
Esteemed Advisor

@davidturpin 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Thanks a lot for your response!

Best regards,

David

New Community Member

someone sent me 50$ to my PayPal account and my fund are on pending its 5 days now i don't get my funds why you do this guys with me I struggling here i need money but you hold my money im Asavela Jordaan please send my money to me
Esteemed Advisor

@davidturpin 

Your welcome 😊

Thanks a lot!