PayPal not showing payment

asmolarz
New Community Member

I sold a computer through Ebay, seller sent a payment through PayPal, have an email confirmation both through PayPal and Ebay, but funds are not showing up in PayPal, and Ebay is saying that the buyer has not paid yet. I am not sure if I should send the computer to this person or not, and I don't want to get scammed.  Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@asmolarz 

Well if eBay says the buyer has not paid yet, I would tend to believe that because many scammers send out spoof/fake payment confirmations trying to trick you into shipping your item without paying. If you do not see a record of payment in your PayPal account, you have not been paid, period.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@asmolarz 

Well if eBay says the buyer has not paid yet, I would tend to believe that because many scammers send out spoof/fake payment confirmations trying to trick you into shipping your item without paying. If you do not see a record of payment in your PayPal account, you have not been paid, period.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.