PayPal not refunding fees on refunds??? Ridiculous & Absurd!

rjp869
New Community Member

So I know this may be old news at this point, but PayPal has stooped to an all-time low.  So now when you refund a payment from a customer, PayPal is keeping their fees.  HUH?  That's like going to Walmart, returning something, and Walmart says, here's your refund less 4% for the fees we are keeping.  Walmart's sales would drop dramatically with this kind of asinine policy.  This is just outright theft from sellers...I'm sorry, but I just had to vent about this.  And you know how it is...you contact them & they give you some BS response like "this is what the industry is moving to, blah, blah, blah"  This is the same lame excuse you get from eBay and other companies when they don't have a good reason for what they're doing.  It's just pure greed and stealing money from hard working sellers.  PayPal should be ashamed of themselves.  Ok, I'm done now, thank you for letting me rant!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rjp869 

LOL But Walmart do not collect fees and who knows, they probably even keep fees that they charge for certain services. False equivalency. I don't like the idea either but credit card merchant accounts/payment processors have been keeping fees since forever. PayPal has been spoiling us for ages and its inevitable that they do this to be in line with the rest of their industry.

Its the cost of doing business. What you can do is utilize the Authorization and Capture feature:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/admin/auth-capture/

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/payments/authorize-and-capture-payments/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

supergsn
Contributor
Contributor

Very bad business .

someone mistakenly purchased my item, then I cannot refund it, I don't have enough money to refund because ebay took the fees away..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.