PayPal linked me to the wrong bank account. Why and how to fix?

carlwhart
Contributor
Contributor

I have two checking accounts with Chase. One personal and one business. In Wallet, I entered the username and password to the business account, but the only option I was given was to link to the personal account. Why? I did not make a mistake. I tried it twice. Also, do I not see a way to add debit cards to the bank accounts. Why?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carlwhart 

The name on any bank you link has to match the name on your paypal account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-can't-i-add-a-bank-account-to-my-paypal-account-faq7...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

carlwhart
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, that has to be the explanation. I sometimes use my real first name, as I have with PayPal, but generally use my middle name. The account that it linked to is the one in my real first name. Still, it's curious. What if the account it linked to was not mine someone else with the same name. 

I guess I'll have to live with this. I would like to change my PayPal account name to my middle name, and apparently the only way to do that is to link to an account using my middle name, but I cannot link to it. 

Thanks again for answering.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.