PayPal has locked your account due to suspicious activity

J_1101
New Community Member
Alright. I have sent 12 of these to PayPal spoof. They tell me they are legit. So, I needed up my own security because I keep getting these emails. I removed one email address, added a new one. Changed my difficult password for one no one can guess. And I have gone back to many places I no longer shop at and demanded that they remove my PayPal information. Some did some didn't. But I still get the emails. So, my security is still in question. I do not click on anything that says PayPal international. Instead I go to PayPal directly. I have my firewall up..nothing in or out. The dates given for suspicious activity? Don't exist at PayPal. So, it's a fishing email, hoping I will click on the links to get my passwords, new account information and sites I have shipped at. Remember rule number 1) if it looks legit! Don't click on it Send it to spoof@paypal.com 2) open new browser window or another browser, and go directly to PayPal and check that way. 3) keep all information up to date ASAP. 4 if in question. Delete your PayPal account. Wait 2 months. Then open a new account at PayPal. These 4 steps ensure several things. You and your bank information stay safe. 5 change your PayPal password every 9-11 weeks.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@J_1101 

I just delete them and ignore them.

As long as you don't click on any links then no problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.