PayPal fee

arabella22k
New Community Member
So, the thing is that I met this guy and he wanted to send me some money via paypal and he basically said that it has a 10$ fee; he asked me to send him 10$ in order for him to pay me. This is my first time ever on PP so I don’t know how things work over here, but this doesn’t sound right to me. Somebody help me?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

pkkh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @arabella22k 

I see you've questions about PayPal fee. When you receive a payment from someone as 'Goods and service', the fee will be deducted automatically and you need not pay them the fee upfront. For more information on PayPal fee, you can visit our website and at the bottom of the page, click on the 'fee' icon. 

Thank you

Punith 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @arabella22k,

I'd like to add some additional information to what @pkkh offered. If someone is asking you to send them money to facilitate them sending you money, please be cautious. There are scams known as Advance Fee scams that match the circumstances that you're describing. You can learn more here.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.