PayPal deducting fee but I'm not a Seller

jqflem
New Community Member

I've requested money from a friend (using PayPal.me, the same way I always do) and PayPal is now deducting a fee from the transaction.

What is going on? Did something change with PayPal's policy? I've requested and sent money dozens of times and this has never happened before. 

I won't let me report or request help, saying I have to "communicate directly with the seller," but I can't refund him either, because it'll withdraw the money from my bank account, which I don't want to happen.

Is there someway to get around this and get the fee reimbursed by PayPal?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jqflem,

I'm sorry that there's any confusion regarding a payment received through the Request Money feature. That feature will cause the payment to be sent as a Goods and Services payment. If you would like to accept Friends and Family payments, the sender would have to originate the payment from the Send Money feature, or you can set up a PayPal.me URL and designate the payments to be Friends and Family payments.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.