PayPal criticised on BBC regarding lack of action on Internet scams.

BML
Contributor
Contributor

Monday 2nd March 2020 PayPal was heavily criticised on BBC regarding lack of action they have been taking on Internet scams in India.  Would they care to comment?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Chris-1989
Contributor
Contributor

They are a joke and the customer service sucks.

Login to Me Too

BML
Contributor
Contributor

Please cancel my membership.

Login to Me Too

Jdco1993
New Community Member
I have just had an issue with this. I have had a PayPal acct for four years, never made a purchase and quite honestly forgot I even had one until now. A week ago I recieve and email that "my order" for a $300 car seat has been approved and is shipping to the bronx. I do not have a kid, or know anyone from the bronx, and never authorized this purchase. I contacted paypal that day and said this was fraud and disputed the purchase. PayPal after 4 days came back and said that it looks like a normal purchase and they would not remove it. Joke is on them because as I told them all the banking info on file has long been expired. Again they did nothing and now my account shows a negative balance. It's amazing the lack of customer service and security this company has. Compare this to a class a company like Amazon and you will soon realize PayPal is a joke. Even worse... dangerous.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.