downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

RajanChopra
Contributor
Contributor

Hello 

I want to downgrade my business account to personal account. On 7-8-19 i forward email to your help center.

I got this reply

"Dear rajan <removed>,
Our review is complete and we have returned your account to regular standing.
We appreciate your patience and thank you for your help in making PayPal the safest and most trusted online payment solution.
Thanks,
Nishant
PayPal"

I didn't understand the activity that my account type change or not?

If not please review my account and change it to personal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RajanChopra 

If you click on your profile (cog next to log out) and on the left side of that page is the option to 'upgrade to a business account' then you would have a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RajanChopra
Contributor
Contributor

Hello thanks for your answer.

Actually the problem is i want to downgrade my business  account to personal . I forward a mail to paypal support but i got the message or email (mention in post).

In email its not clarify that paypal make my account type personal or any otherway.

Login to Me Too

Ranagovind
New Community Member
Business gone down. Now I don't have any business so i want to downgradde my account from business account to individual account. Help me
Login to Me Too

Temp20230515F
New Community Member

How do I change back from a business account to a private account? Please help!??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230515F 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Danielleml2
New Community Member
Hi I'm looking to see how to change my account from business to personal
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danielleml2 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MelodyMasala88
New Community Member
I want to know how I can change my account to just a normal individuals account instead of a seller or merchant
Login to Me Too

manishbhola
New Community Member
My merchant is not able to sand money in my paypal account
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.