PayPal assisting doxxers

lambelfamily
New Community Member
does PayPal regularly let groups that doxx people to harm them set up donation accounts and if so can I legally sue PayPal
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Shprqness
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal provides this information to sellers so they can process shipping goods, obviously no doubt this is a recurring issue with `Doxxers` as I have had a lot of people attempt to use this against me as well, however I am not sure if PayPal is obliged to secure this information when you purchase a good, on the other hand you can specify not too send this information.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lambelfamily 

I do not for a minute believe PayPal "allows" it. You can buy a gun but what you do with it is on you, right? Do you want PayPal ask people if they are going to use PayPal services to doxx people before signing up? And of course people are going to lie. lol

If you know who is doing it, report the accounts or websites.

Consumer fraud warning

We’re always looking for ways to help keep you even more secure. So stay on the lookout for some of these common scams:

• Spoofing: a scammer sends forged or faked electronic documents or emails falsely claiming to be PayPal or coming from PayPal but asks you to send money outside your PayPal account.
  • Relative in Need: a scammer impersonates a family member (commonly grandchildren) and claims there is an emergency requiring you to send money.
  • Lottery or Prize: a scammer informs you that you’ve won a lottery or prize and must send money in order to claim it.
  • Debt Collection: a scammer impersonates a debt collector and induces you to send money using threats or intimidation.
  • Employment Related: a scammer instructs you to send money in connection with a fraudulent offer of employment.

Always use common sense when sending money. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Only send money for yourself and not for others. Remember that if you don’t send the payment through your PayPal account, you’re not covered by PayPal Purchase Protection. Please let us know immediately if you believe someone is trying to scam or defraud you by contacting us.

So to contact PayPal:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Report to the local PD and file ic3.gov report too.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.